2 dead after carbon monoxide poisoning in south Wichita

August 02, 2018 - 11:39 am
Categories: 

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Officials are investigating a carbon monoxide poisoning in south Wichita that left two people dead. It happened in the 300 block of East Kinkaid around 7:30 a.m. It is just north of Pawnee and Broadway.

Wichita police tell KSN News they responded to the home. Police said two people were found inside.

One witness told KSN he entered the house after he heard screaming and smelled something strong.

Police have contributed the poisoning to a generator running in the home. 

"At this point, I don't know that's suspicious per se, but we treat every death seriously. We investigate everything as though it could be suspicious, but in this case, I think it's probably not," said Sgt. Scott Moon, Wichita Police Department. 

Right now, police haven't released the victims identities.

Comments ()
Tags: