Cigarette cause of two-alarm fire in West Wichita

Matthew Harding
April 28, 2019 - 5:31 am

KSN News

Categories: 

Wichita fire officials have released a cause of a two-alarm apartment fire in West Wichita Friday afternoon.

Our partners at KSN News report a carelessly discarded cigarette is to blame for the fire at Raintree Apartments.

Fire Chief Tammy Snow tells KSN that the blaze started in an apartment on the south end of the building and quickly spread, gutting all of building six.

In all, 28 people were displaced by the fire, but there were no injuries to the residents or firefighters.

Comments ()