Family of four homeless after Friday night fire

Everything gone, including two pet dogs

April 07, 2018 - 6:27 pm

A late evening fire on Friday caused a Wichita family to lose their home and everything in it, including two beloved dogs.

Firefighters say the blaze started around 11:30 p.m. Friday at a home near 3rd and Meridian. Four people lived in the home, including a mother who is expecting a baby in two weeks. 

Now, the family is trying to cope while picking up the pieces after losing everything, including two fuzzy family members.

The mother-in-law, who is battling lung cancer said that she tried to get the dogs out, but she couldn't breathe and had to get out of the house.   

There is no word yet on how the fire started. The family set up a GOFUNDME to help with expenses.

Comments ()