Gas leak clears some homes in north Wichita

January 31, 2017 - 5:58 pm
WICHITA, Kan. – A gas leak in a north Wichita neighborhood caused some residents to be evacuated from their homes.

It happened Tuesday night in the 1800 block of North Burns.  KSN News reports that water crews working on a water main accidently hit a gas line.

Some homes in the area were evacuated as a safety precaution.  Also some fire hydrants in the area were reported to be inoperative due to the water main problem.

The affected area included N. Burns between 17th and 18th streets.  

The gas leak problem was brought under control shortly before midnight.  There were no injuries.
Comments ()