Dreamstime

Haysville fireworks accident burns child in stroller

July 05, 2017 - 11:30 pm
Categories: 

HAYSVILLE, Kan. (KNSS) - A young girl was injured when a firework landed in her stroller, setting it on fire.

It happened Tuesday night in the 200 block of W. 82nd South, near 79th South and Broadway.  The girl, 15 months, suffered serious injuries in the fire.  The child's mother and father, as well as sister, 5, were also burned as they attempted to put out the fire.

Sedgwick County Sheriff's Deputies said that a projectile from across the street struck the stroller, and set it on fire.  The mother and sister were hospitalized with minor injuries.  The girls condition was not made available, but family members said that she will need to undergo a skin graft on her elbow.

The incident has been classified as a home accident.
 

Comments ()