House Explodes SE of Mulvane

Two people hospitalized in critical condition

July 09, 2018 - 11:14 am

A house exploded in Sumner County at about 8:40 a.m. Monday, southeast of Mulvane; it happened near N. Geuda Springs Road & E. 120th Ave. N, to the east of Highway K-15.

Two maintenance workers received critical injuries, and were taken to Via Christi-St. Francis hospital in Wichita with burns.

The home was completely leveled, and fire crews remained on the scene fighting a fire in the basement.

Fire crews from Mulvane, Rose Hill, Derby, Wichita, Sumner County, and Cowley County all responded to the scene, and the state fire marshal will investigate the case. Authorities believe propane might be the possible cause of the explosion.

Comments ()