House fire breaks out in east Wichita

Blamed on fireworks

July 07, 2018 - 9:06 am
Categories: 

A house fire in east Wichita is being blamed on fireworks.  It happened around midnight Friday morning in the 12-hundred block of north Bracken Court.

When crews arrived, they found flames coming from the roof of the home.  It took multiple fire crews about 30 minutes to get control of the blaze.

Fire Marshal Stuart Beves tells KSN News, the homeowner, who got out safely, said she heard fireworks going off before the blaze began...

"People were very upset.  They were out writing tickets for their celebrating the Fourth.  Well, we give them away for celebrating with illegal fireworks.  In this case, I know there's bottle rockets that were being utilized.  Those are illegal in the state of Kansas for a reason," Beves said.

A damage estimate was not immediately available.

Comments ()