Sedgwick County asking residents to report flood damage

June 06, 2019 - 5:28 am

After severe storms and near-record rainfall that lead to flooding, Sedgwick County authorities are asking residents to report flood damage.  In a post on their Facebook page the county asks any resident who suffered flood damage to their home or business, from direct flood water or ground water coming into the basement, to call 2-1-1 and make a brief report to the United Way of the Plains.  Residents will be asked to give their name, address, a brief description of the damage, and answer three yes or no questions. 

Sedgwick County Emergency Management says they need this information to determine the extent of damage across the city and county. While on the line, callers will be given the opportunity to request assistance with cleaning out their home. The American Red Cross Serving Kansas and other faith-based organizations have teams of volunteers in the area who are experienced with clean-up after floods.


Comments ()