Wichita toddler had ingested enough methadone to kill an adult

KNSS News
September 11, 2019 - 8:53 am
Categories: 

A probable cause affidavit gives new details about the death of two-year-old Zayden Jaynesahkluah. He died May 31 at a motel on south Broadway. His mother, Kimberly Compass, is charged with first-degree murder in the case.

An autopsy found that Zayden died from ingesting methadone. It also said he had bruises on his face and legs.

Police found three empty or mostly empty bottles of methadone that had been prescribed to Compass in an unlocked child's Avengers pencil box.

Compass told investigators she only had one of the bottles herself. She said she didn't give Zayden methadone, but fruit punch that she said he drank tested positive for the drug. Methadone is used to treat pain and narcotic drug addiction.

Comments ()
Tags: