Celebrity legal affairs

October 15, 2019 - 11:54 am
NEW YORK (AP) — Cuba Gooding Jr. has pleaded not guilty to an indictment alleging two instances of sexual misconduct. Gooding appeared Tuesday before a judge in New York City and was released on his own recognizance. The new charge involves an alleged incident in October 2018. The defense paints it...
Read More
FILE - In this Oct. 2, 2016 file photo, Mac Miller performs at the 2016 The Meadows Music and Arts Festivals at Citi Field in Flushing, New York. Three men arrested during the investigation into rapper Miller’s deadly overdose last year have now been charged with providing the drugs that killed him, U.S. prosecutors said Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019. A grand jury indictment that was unsealed in Los Angeles accuses the men of conspiring and distributing cocaine and oxycodone pills laced with fentanyl that caused Miller’s death in September 2018. (Photo by Scott Roth/Invision/AP, File)
October 10, 2019 - 1:56 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A man charged with selling rapper Mac Miller the drugs that killed him last year pleaded not guilty Thursday in federal court in Los Angeles. Pettit stood alongside his attorney and spoke only to answer a judge's questions as he entered the plea. Prosecutor allege that Pettit, 28...
Read More
FILE - In this Wednesday Oct. 2, 2019 file photo, Britain's Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex arrive at the Creative Industries and Business Reception at the British High Commissioner's residence, in Johannesburg, where they will meet with representatives of the British and South African business communities, including local youth entrepreneurs. British media reports said Friday Oct. 4, 2019 that Britian's Prince Harry has launched legal proceeds at the High Court against two British tabloid newspapers over alleged phone hacking. (Dominic Lipinski/Pool via AP, File)
KNSS News
October 05, 2019 - 8:04 am
LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry is suing The Sun and the Daily Mirror, two of Britain's most popular tabloid newspapers, over alleged phone hacking. Buckingham Palace confirmed Saturday that claims regarding "illegal interception of voicemail messages" were filed on Harry's behalf. The palace declined...
Read More
FILE - In this March 26, 2019 file photo, actor Jussie Smollett smiles and waves to supporters before leaving Cook County Court after his charges were dropped, in Chicago. A Chicago judge is expected to decide whether to let a former U.S. attorney stay on as special prosecutor examining the dismissal of charges against actor Smollett. The hearing Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, comes after Dan Webb revealed he co-hosted a fundraiser for Kim Foxx during her 2016 run for Chicago’s top prosecutor job. Her office in March abruptly dropped charges accusing Smollett of staging a racist, homophobic attack on himself. (AP Photo/Paul Beaty)
October 04, 2019 - 2:15 pm
CHICAGO (AP) — A Chicago judge decided Friday to keep a special prosecutor looking into why the state's attorney's office abruptly dismissed charges against actor Jussie Smollett, finding there's "no indication he harbors any bias." Judge Michael Toomin's decision came after former U.S. Attorney...
Read More
October 04, 2019 - 1:52 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles police say "Jersey Shore" star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and had to be shocked with a stun gun while being taken into custody. Officer Jeff Lee said Ortiz-Magro was taken into custody early Friday after police responded to a...
Read More
October 04, 2019 - 8:36 am
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — The husband of a "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star can go to Italy while he fights deportation efforts. A federal appellate court in Philadelphia on Thursday lifted a stay in Joe Giudice’s (joo-DEE'-chay) case. That paves the way for him to soon return to the country of his...
Read More
FILE - This Sept. 27, 2019 file photo shows Robert De Niro at the world premiere of "The Irishman" during the opening night of the 57th New York Film Festival in New York. De Niro is being sued by his former assistant who claims he subjected her to sexist and harassing comments. Chase Robinson sued the 76-year-old De Niro Thursday, Oct. 3, in Manhattan federal court, seeking $12 million. The lawsuit came six weeks after De Niro’s company, Canal Productions, sought $6 million from Robinson in state court, accusing her of misappropriating money. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)
October 03, 2019 - 2:47 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Robert De Niro has found himself in a real-life court drama, trading dueling lawsuits with his former assistant after their decade-long working relationship went dreadfully sour. He's accusing her of misappropriating money. She says he subjected her to sexist and harassing comments...
Read More
FILE- In this Sept. 21, 2018, file photo rapper Daniel Hernandez, known as Tekashi 6ix9ine, performs during the Philipp Plein women's 2019 Spring-Summer collection, Milan, Italy. A New York jury began deliberations on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019, the federal trial of two alleged members of the Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods, a gang that the up-and-coming rapper joined to give himself street credibility. (AP Photo/Luca Bruno, File)
October 03, 2019 - 1:50 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Two men have been convicted in a federal case featuring the testimony of rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine (teh-KAH'-shee siks-NYN'). The verdict Thursday came at a Manhattan trial where he was a star government witness against fellow members of a violent faction of the Nine Trey Gangsta...
Read More
FILE - In this Friday, Sept. 27, 2019 file photo, Britain's Prince Harry walks through a minefield in Dirico, Angola, during a visit to see the work of landmine clearance charity the Halo Trust, on day five of the royal tour of Africa. The final day of Prince Harry and his wife Meghan’s 10-day visit to Africa with infant son Archie in tow has been overshadowed by a lawsuit she has filed against Britain’s Mail on Sunday tabloid. (Dominic Lipinski/Pool via AP, File)
October 02, 2019 - 7:50 am
LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry did not hold back as he launched an extraordinary attack against the British press for the way it is treating his wife Meghan, a rebuke that is overshadowing the final day of his family's tour to southern Africa. In deeply personal terms, Harry said the British press is...
Read More
This undated photo provided by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office shows actress Stacey Dash. The actress known for appearing in the 1990s comedy, "Clueless," is facing a domestic battery charge in Florida. A Pasco County Sheriff's Office report says the 52-year-old was arrested Sunday night. The report says Dash got into a verbal argument with a man at a New Port Richey apartment. Deputies say she pushed the man and slapped his face. She was released on bail Monday morning. (Pasco County Sheriff's Office via AP)
September 30, 2019 - 3:18 pm
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — An actress known for appearing in the 1990s comedy, "Clueless," is facing a domestic battery charge in Florida. A Pasco County Sheriff's Office report says 52-year-old Stacey Dash was arrested Sunday night. The report says Dash got into a verbal argument with a man at a...
Read More

Pages