Police

March 08, 2019 - 2:25 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — The Little Rock Police Department has released footage from a deadly officer-involved shooting that shows the officer on the hood of a car firing at least 15 times into the windshield. Mayor Frank Scott said Thursday that the department, along with an outside marketing...
Read More
Nouman Raja sits between defense attorney Scott Richardson, left, and paralegal Debi Stratton as attorney Richard Lubin gives his closing arguments in Raja's trial, Wednesday, March 6, 2019 in West Palm Beach, Fla. Raja, a former Palm Beach Gardens police officer, is charged with the fatal 2015 shooting of stranded motorist Corey Jones. (Lannis Waters/Palm Beach Post via AP, Pool)
March 07, 2019 - 4:15 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A fired Florida police officer was found guilty of manslaughter and attempted murder Thursday for fatally shooting a stranded black motorist, becoming the first officer in the state to be convicted of an on-duty shooting in 30 years. Nouman Raja, 41, faces a mandatory...
Read More
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra leaves leaves the Calvary Christian Center after meeting with SeQuette Clark, Tuesday, March 5, 2019, in Sacramento, Calif. Becerra is expected later today to announce the results of his criminal investigation into the shooting death of Clark's son, Stephon Clark, by Sacramento police officers last year. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)
March 05, 2019 - 2:07 pm
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on the California attorney general's decision on whether to charge officers who killed an unarmed black man last year (all times local): 12:05 p.m. California's attorney general won't charge two Sacramento police officers who shot and killed an unarmed black man...
Read More
March 04, 2019 - 11:41 am
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court is leaving in place a roughly $4 million judgment for an innocent couple shot while California deputies searched for a wanted man. The high court on Monday declined to again take up the case involving Angel and Jennifer Mendez. Their case had previously been...
Read More
Stevante Clark, the brother of Stephon Clark who was killed by police last year, speaks during a news conference at the Genesis Church in Sacramento, Calif., Sunday, March 3, 2019. Clark's comments followed Saturday's announcement by Sacramento District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert that the two officers who shot and killed Stephon Clark will not be charged in the shooting. (AP Photo/Randall Benton)
March 03, 2019 - 9:12 pm
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The brother of a black man shot to death by police said Sunday he wants to see the officers who fired the fatal bullets held accountable Stevante Clark called on California's attorney general to prosecute them after the local district attorney declined to do so. He told...
Read More
Salena Manni, the fiancee of Stephon Clark, who was shot and killed by Sacramento police in 2018, wipes tears from her eyes as she discusses the decision to not file charges against the two officers involved, during a news conference in Sacramento, Calif., Saturday, March 2, 2019. Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert announced that Officers Terrance Mercadal and Jared Robinet did not break any laws when they shot Clark after the 22-year-old vandalism suspect ran from them into his grandparents' backyard. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)
March 03, 2019 - 10:03 am
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on the decision by a prosecutor not to charge the police officers who shot an unarmed black man last year (all times local): 7:30 p.m. The fiancee of a man killed by police says prosecutor's decision not to file charges continues a "shameful legacy" of officers...
Read More
New Orlean Police Department officers process the scene at a fatal hit and run accident along Esplanade Avenue in Bayou St. John in New Orleans, Saturday, March 2, 2019. The incident happened not far from the Endymion parade, one of the city's biggest Mardi Gras parades. (Shawn Fink/The Advocate via AP)
March 03, 2019 - 12:29 am
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Two people have been killed and six injured after being struck by a vehicle on a busy New Orleans thoroughfare Saturday evening, authorities said. Police Superintendent Shaun Ferguson told local media that a suspect is in custody following the incident that happened about 8 p.m...
Read More
CORRECTS BYLINE TO KATHLEEN RONAYNE INSTEAD OF RICH PEDRONCELLI - Sequette Clark, center, the mother of police shooting victim Stephon Clark, discusses the decision not to prosecute the two Sacramento Police officers involved, during a news conference in Sacramento, Calif., Saturday, March 2, 2019. Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said that Officers Terrance Mercadal and Jared Robinet did not break any laws when they shot Stephon Clark, 22, and no charges will be filed against them. (AP Photo/Kathleen Ronayne)
March 02, 2019 - 10:30 pm
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Two Sacramento police officers won't face criminal charges for the fatal shooting of a black man following a chase that ended in his grandparents' yard and started a series of angry protests that roiled California's capital city, the county's top prosecutor announced...
Read More
FILE - In this Wednesday, May 17, 2017 file photo, Betty Shelby leaves the courtroom with her husband, Dave Shelby, right, after the jury in her case began deliberations in Tulsa, Okla. The Department of Justice says there is insufficient evidence to pursue federal civil rights charges against the white former Tulsa police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man. U.S. Attorney Trent Shores on Friday, March 1, 2019, announced the closure of the federal investigation into whether ex-Tulsa police officer Betty Shelby willfully used unreasonable force against Terence Crutcher when she shot and killed him in September 2016. (AP Photo/Sue Ogrocki, File)
March 01, 2019 - 5:27 pm
TULSA, Okla. (AP) — There is insufficient evidence to pursue federal civil rights charges against a white former Tulsa police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black man, the Department of Justice said Friday. U.S. Attorney Trent Shores announced the closure of the investigation into whether...
Read More
Mohamed Noor, left, former Minneapolis police officer, leaves the Hennepin County Government Center in Minneapolis Friday, March 1, 2019 with attorney Peter Wold after a hearing to address several pretrial motions.at Noor is charged with second-degree intentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the July 15, 2017, shooting death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond, a 40-year-old life coach and Australian-American who had called 911 to report a possible sexual assault behind her home. (AP Photo/Jim Mone)
March 01, 2019 - 10:59 am
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A judge on Friday rejected requests to use a former Minneapolis police officer's silence and a pre-hiring psychological exam against him at his trial in the 2017 shooting of an unarmed Australian woman. Mohamed Noor, 33, goes on trial April 1 on murder and manslaughter charges in...
Read More

Pages