Sexual misconduct

FILE - In this Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2019, file photo, Recording Academy President/CEO Deborah Dugan participates in the 62nd Grammy Awards nominations news conference at Studio 43 at CBS Broadcast Center in New York. The Recording Academy says it has fired Deborah Dugan, its former president who called into question the integrity of the Grammy Awards nominations process. The academy said Monday the decision was reached after “two exhaustive, costly independent investigations” about Dugan and her allegations. It said the reviews found “consistent management deficiencies and failures,” though no specifics were offered. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, File)
KNSS News
March 02, 2020 - 3:13 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Recording Academy on Monday fired Deborah Dugan, its former president who called into question the integrity of the Grammy Awards nominations process and said she was sexually harassed by a top lawyer for the organization, which she called a boys' club that coddled and...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 28, 2019, file photo, opera singer Placido Domingo performs during a concert in Szeged, Hungary. A senior member of the main U.S. union that represents opera performers resigned Monday, March 2, 2020, accusing the leadership of a cover-up in its investigation into accusations of sexual harassment against superstar Plácido Domingo. Samuel Schultz, a baritone and elected officer of the American Guild of Musical Artists, had provided the full findings of the union's investigation to The Associated Press, which he said AGMA's leadership had planned to keep secret as part of an agreement with Domingo.(AP Photo/Laszlo Balogh, File)
March 02, 2020 - 12:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A senior member of the main U.S. union that represents opera performers resigned Monday, accusing the leadership of a cover-up in its investigation into accusations of sexual harassment against superstar Plácido Domingo. Samuel Schultz, a baritone and vice president of the...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 28, 2019 file photo, opera star Placido Domingo salutes spectators at the end of a concert in Szeged, Hungary. The Spanish government on Wednesday Feb. 26, 2020 has decided to cancel the participation of tenor Placido Domingo in Madrid's La Zarzuela opera theater in May 2020 in light of the latest developments in the sexual misconduct allegations against the legendary singer. (AP Photo/Laszlo Balogh, File)
KNSS News
February 27, 2020 - 4:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Opera star Placido Domingo amended his apology to the multiple women who have accused him of sexual misconduct, adding several caveats Thursday to a statement two days earlier in which he said he took “full responsibility” for his actions. In a statement on his Facebook page,...
Read More
FILE - In this May 23, 2007, file photo, Placido Domingo, general director of the Washington National Opera, speaks during a news conference in Washington about a simulcast of a performance of La Boheme. An investigation into Domingo by the U.S. union representing opera performers found more than two dozen people who said they were sexually harassed or witnessed inappropriate behavior by the superstar when he held senior management positions at Washington National Opera and Los Angeles Opera, according to people familiar with the findings. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin, File)
February 26, 2020 - 7:03 pm
MADRID (AP) — The Spanish government said Wednesday it was canceling two upcoming performances by Plácido Domingo in Madrid to show support for the women who have accused him of misconduct and take a stand against sexual harassment, becoming the first in Europe to cancel on the megastar since since...
Read More
FILE - In this Dec. 19, 2009, file photo, Placido Domingo performs during a sound check prior to a free concert in Mexico City. In a statement released on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, he said, "I have taken time over the last several months to reflect on the allegations that various colleagues of mine have made against me. ... I respect that these women finally felt comfortable enough to speak out, and I want them to know that I am truly sorry for the hurt that I caused them. I accept full responsibility for my actions, and I have grown from this experience." (AP Photo/Marco Ugarte)
February 25, 2020 - 9:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The words "I am truly sorry" have not been uttered often in the #MeToo era. So when soprano Luz del Alba Rubio woke up Tuesday to see an apology from opera superstar Placido Domingo, she was in shock. "I felt like we have conquered Goliath. Now we don't have to be scared to...
Read More
FILE - In this March 2, 2014, file photo, Peter Nygard attends the 24th Night of 100 Stars Oscars Viewing Gala at The Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif. Federal authorities on Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, raided the Manhattan headquarters of the Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard amid claims that he sexually assaulted and trafficked dozens of teenage girls and young women. (Photo by Annie I. Bang /Invision/AP, File)
February 25, 2020 - 9:32 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Federal authorities raided the Manhattan headquarters of the Canadian fashion mogul Peter Nygard, a search that came amid claims he trafficked and sexually assaulted dozens of teenage girls and women. The FBI searched the designer's Times Square offices Tuesday less than two weeks...
Read More
FILE - In this Jan. 27, 2020 file photo, Mimi Haleyi, right, arrives to testify in Harvey Weinstein's trial on charges of rape and sexual assault in New York. Haleyi, one of the women Harvey Weinstein was convicted of sexually assaulting, said Tuesday, Feb. 25, that the verdict made her feel grateful to be “heard and believed.” Weinstein faces a possible sentence of five to 29 years after a Manhattan jury convicted him of sexually assaulting Haleyi and raping an aspiring actress in 2013. He was acquitted of first-degree rape and two counts of predatory sexual assault. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
February 25, 2020 - 8:02 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — A day after a jury branded Harvey Weinstein a convicted rapist, the former film producer remained at a New York City hospital on Tuesday, his new life as an inmate interrupted by concerns about high blood pressure and heart palpitations. Lawyers for the 67-year-old Weinstein said he...
Read More
Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan courthouse for his rape trial, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, in New York. A jury convicted the Hollywood mogul of rape and sexual assault. The jury found him not guilty of the most serious charge, predatory sexual assault, which could have resulted in a life sentence.(AP Photo/John Minchillo)
February 25, 2020 - 6:56 am
NEW YORK (AP) — New York prosecutors are hailing Harvey Weinstein's conviction as a pivotal moment that could change the way the legal system views a type of sexual assault case historically considered difficult to prove. Most of the women who testified against Weinstein stayed in contact with him...
Read More
Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan courthouse as jury deliberations continue in his rape trial, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, in New York. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
February 24, 2020 - 7:35 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein was convicted of rape and sexual assault against two women and led off to prison in handcuffs Monday in what his foes hailed as a landmark moment for the legal system and a long-overdue reckoning for the man vilified as the biggest monster...
Read More
Harvey Weinstein arrives at a Manhattan courthouse as jury deliberations continue in his rape trial, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, in New York. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
February 24, 2020 - 4:39 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on a verdict in the rape and sexual assault trial of Harvey Weinstein (all times local): 5:40 p.m. Actress Annabella Sciorra, who accused Harvey Weinstein of raping her in the 1990s, said Monday that her testimony against him at his New York City trial was “painful but...
Read More

Pages